Preventive Maintenance Checklist for Fleet
The following list includes some of the basic things most vehicles require. Be sure to check the recommendations provided by the vehicle manufacturer. Don’t forget to consider your company’s usage of specific vehicles in establishing preventive maintenance plans.
- Change engine oil and filter.
- Check, change or fill transmission fluid.
- Inspect fuel system.
- Check cooling system.
- Inspect engine and transmission mounts.
- Look at drive shaft, CV joints, belts, and hoses.
- Perform regular tune-ups.
- Inspect electrical system and braking components.
- Be sure steering and suspension is in good condition.
- Rotate and inspect tires, wheels and rims.
- Examine exhaust system.
- Check undercarriage, frame, all lights.
- Inspect body, glass, and mirrors.
- Ensure windshield wipers are working and fluid is full.
- Check seat belts, horn, and auxiliary systems.
- Repair fluid leaks.